With 2020 being a year like no other, it’s no wonder we’ve all adapted the way we live and go about our daily lives. The same can be said for businesses as well as they start to open up again and introduce additional health, safety and hygiene measures to ensure the safety of employees and customers alike. One of the main forms of technology which is currently being adopted is antimicrobial coating.
So what is an antimicrobial coating?
Independently tested in thousands of applications, silver-ion technology is proven to be effective against harmful bacteria by inhibiting the growth of microbes by up to 99%.
• It can be incorporated into any plastic, textile, paper, paint or coating
• It provides effective and lasting antimicrobial surface protection for the lifetime of any product to which it is added
• It reduces the opportunities for bacterial/fungal growth
• It makes a product more hygienic
And how does it work?
The product pioneers modern day use of specialist silver-ion technology which prevents the growth of bacteria without effecting print colour or transparency.
• It’s effective for the life span of the products
• It works 24/7 to inhibit the growth of bacteria on the product
• It’s safe for food-based packaging
• It complements cleaning regimes
How can it be used?
The antimicrobial coating has a number of different product applications including:
• Finishings including laminates
• Spray coatings for surfaces
The silver-ion technology can be added to the manufacturing process for textiles and plastics.
How do we know it’s safe?
Product testing is completed to ISO standards by leading, independent microbiology laboratories. The product will be checked to comply with relevant legislation for biocidal products including BPR, EPA and FDA.
Here at Milk we are pleased to be able to supply a range of products that feature a coating which pro-actively inhibits the growth of microbes and most types of harmful bacterial. Please visit our antimicrobial products page for more information (link).